These spring rolls are refreshing and is my family favorite one. Especially my son loves this so much. To make easy for him I always do small small bite size rolls instead of big rolls. They are great as a cool summertime appetizer and so healthy too. You can also variate the stuffing's according to your taste. You can eat in any numbers and be guilt free. Here goes my version and combination of crunchy, refreshing, healthy rolls.....
Rice wrappers - as you needed ( I use small circles, you can use big for bigger rolls)
Carrot - little julienned
Cucumber - deseeded and julienned
Rice vermicelli or Noodles - cooked as per the instruction given in the packet
Tofu - Cut like finger strips and toast in the pan with slight salt seasoning or deep fry. I usually shallow fry and make it crisp
Beans sprouts - little
Coriander or Mint or Basil - few if your using coriander , basil and mint one is enough according to your choice( I usually use basil or coriander)
Lettuce - shredded
Green onion or spring onion - only the green part.
1. Keep everything ready in a plate.. Lets start.
2. Now dip the wrappers in the warm water for few seconds.
3. Keep in a plate, keep little stuffing one by one at the end of the circle.
4. Now start covering the stuffing and roll it by tucking the sides. As we do for spring rolls.
5. And keep in the dry plate.
6. Do everything very fast.
7. Serve this refreshing rolls with soy dipping sauce(my version), Garlic chill sauce or Peanut sauce.
My customized version of Dipping sauce :
This sauce goes well with other dishes like Pan fried Tofu, Sauteed Broccoli, Noodles, Dumplings ... according to your liking.
Light soy sauce - 2 tsp
Vinegar or lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
Garlic - little chopped very finely
Ginger - little very finely chopped
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli padi or you can use chilli garlic sauce - 1/2 tsp
Peanuts - very little crushed (optional)
Mix everything in a bowl and whisk well. Keep this at least for one hour to get better taste and so that the flavors will be well infused.
1. Do not over stuff as it will get ripped. Just 3 to 4 juliennes in every vegetable is more than enough for small rolls.
2.For Big rolls you can stuff more and even you can pack it for picnic or lunches too....