>> Thursday, September 3, 2009 – chinese fried rice available in India, easy vegetable rice, egg fried rice, healthy fried rice, indo chinese fried rice, Indo-Chinese, restaurant style chinese fried rice, Rice Dishes
Fried rice almost every ones favorite . Whenever we go to Chinese restaurant, Thai or any Indo Chinese restaurant this is one of the dish we used to order. Fried rice with any manchurian is perfect match, can say as made for each other hah!!!. Here goes the recipe.
Basmathi rice - 1 cup ( cooked)
Carrots - 1/2 cup ( Finely chopped or julienne)
Beans - 1/4 cup ( Finely chopped or julienne)
Capsicum - 1/4 cup ( Finely chopped or julienne)
Green peas - 2 tbsp (optional)
Cabbage - 1 cup ( finely sliced)
Celery - 1 stalk finely chopped (optional)
Vinegar - 1 tsp
Soya sauce - 1 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
White pepper powder - 1 tsp (Adjust according to your preference)
Spring onion - slice and seperate both green and white part
Ajinomoto - 1/4 tsp optional(I rarely use it)
Egg - 2 (scrambled adding salt to it)(optional)
Oil and salt as required
1. Heat oil in a wok or kadai, add the beans followed by other veggies saute slightly in high flame. If using ajinomoto add at this stage.
2. Do not overcook the vegetables. Now add the celery, capsicum and white part of onion.
3. Add the rice followed by salt, pepper, sauce, vinegar, scrambled egg.
4. Toss well so that everything has to be blended well garnish with springonion.
5. Serve piping hot with hot chilli sauce, pickled chilli or manchurian.
You can find the Gobi Manchurian recipe here.
1. Always cook the vegetable in high flame.
2. Do not over cook the vegetables.
3. Green beans and green peas are absolutely optional.
4. Cabbage and capsicum is a must in fried rice.
5. Adding scrambled egg is optional.
6. If you do not have white pepper powder , just substitute with the black pepper powder itself. White pepper powder enhances the taste.