>> Wednesday, October 7, 2009 – Chinese, Deep fried snacks, Indian Sweets, Rice Dishes, Soups, Sweets, Vegetable Gravies
Today I am posting the recipes for the dishes which we had for our Friendship day get together. Since I did not had time to post this immediately, I am posting it today and also its requested by friends. And also I did not get much time to take good picture on that day, So adjust with the poor photography. Except the rasmalai I started everything in the morning. And we had for lunch. Everyone really enjoyed and we had wonderful Friendship day. So going to the recipe part.....
When I planned the menu thought of covering four different cuisines and it was
* North Indian
* South Indian
So The Menu was
1. Sweet corn Vegetable soup
2. Spring roll / wonton
3. Pita Pizza
4. Methi Pulao
5. Mixed vegetable curry
6. Plain rice
8. Curd Rice seasoned
Here is the recipe for Mixed vegetable curry, Rasamalai, Methi pulao ,Spring roll/wonton, Sweet corn Vegetable soup. The measurement of the recipes are for single family.
MIXED VEGETABLE CURRY
This is rich dish with full of flavor which very well goes with all the roti and rice dishes. All our friends really enjoyed having this with methi pulao.
Mixed vegetables - 2 cups( Cauliflower, Carrots, Beans, potatoes, Green peas)
Paneer - 1/2 cup cubed
Onions - 2 cups
Tomatoes - 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Green chillies - 3 slitted
Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
Whole spices - Cloves, Cardamom, cinnamon 1 each
Red chili powder - As required
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Brown onion paste - 2 tbsp ( fry the onions till brown and make paste out of it)
Curd - 2 tbsp ( If u don't like curd substitute with milk cream)
Tomato puree or paste - 2 tbsp
For cashew nut paste:
Cashew nuts - 10
Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
Soak the cashew nuts and poppy seeds in water for 20 minutes and make a smooth paste.Keep aside.
1. Chop the veggies.Parboil the vegetables I used microwave for doing this.
2. Fry the paneer with tsp of oil.( Do it if u used to it or u can add at last to the gravy).
3. Now add some oil and add the whole garam masala (spices) and jeera.Let it splutter.Add chopped onions and slit green chillis and fry till transparent.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till oil separates.
5. Add all the powders and salt.
6.Add the chopped tomatoes and fry till oil separates.
7.Add the parboiled veggies and mix well.Cover and cook for 2 minutes.i.e the veggies need to be well coated in this onion-tomato masala.
8.Add the tomato paste and mix well.
9.Add brown onion paste and curds. Mix well.
10.Add the cashewnut paste. .
11. Add some water and mix well, Let it cook for few minutes.
12. Add garam masala powder at last and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
The secret of this recipe is vegetable has to be really crunchy.
Rasmalai this is almost everyone's favorite dessert and no one say no to this even their stomach are houseful.This is always mega hit dessert in any parties.
First I always make rasagulla a day before after enjoy this sweet I make rasamalai next day. So it is two in one.
Milk - 4 cups
Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
Water - 4 cups
1. Take 4 cups of milk and boil it.
2.Now when it comes to full boil add the lemon juice diluted with a tbsp of water and add to the boiling milk.
3. Mix well the milk now curdles and after the cream and water get separated well drain in the muslin cloth and wash well in the running water to remove the flavour of lemon.
4.Now knead the paneer to very very smooth paste but i usually put it in the blender and give run or u can also put in the food processor too.
4. Now make a soft dough and make equal balls out of it. It almost comes to 10 balls.
5. Now In the vessel add the sugar and water when the sugar melts and water boils well. Add the paneer balls and close with a tight lid few minutes it doubles in the size. Now switch of the flame and transfer in a bowl and refrigerate it.
Milk - 4 cups reduce to 2 cups
Saffron - 2 pinch (put it in hot milk)
Cardamom - 1 powdered
Nuts - pistachios, almonds finely chopped
Sugar - as needed
Rasagullas - Remove from the sugar syrup by pressing using your palm.
1. Reduce the milk and add sugar and nuts. Switch of the flame.
2. Now add the squeezed rasagullas, saffron, cardamom.
3. Serve chilled. Refrigerate for at least 3 hrs.
Easy appetizer and yummy one too.
Spring roll wrappers - 1 pac
Mixed vegetables - cabbage, carrots, beans ( finely shredded)
Ginger + Garlic - 1 tsp
White pepper powder - 1 tsp
Black pepper - 1 tsp
Salt as needed
Soya sauce - 1 tsp
Ajinamoto - a pinch (optional I usually don't use it)
1. Saute all the vegetables by adding all the ingredients one by one. There should not be moisture in it. Do this in the high flame so that the veggies will not get soggy.
2. Roll out in the wrappers and deep fry in the oil till golden brown.
3. The same filling is also used for making wontons too. Enjoy with hot sauce or Tomato sauce.
This really has really wonderful flavour and so simple to make too.
Basmathi rice - 2 cups
Methi leaves - 2 bunch
Cummin seeds - 2 tsp
Onions -2 sliced
Tomato - 1
Ginger+Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Green chillies -2 slited
Red chilli powder
Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil and salt as required
1. Separate the leaves from the bunches.
2. Wash well and chop it. Now to this add some salt and keep aside for some time.
3. This is done to remove the bitter taste.
4. Now in the rice cooker or pressure cooker heat some oil and allow the cummin seeds to splutter.
5. Now add the onion, chillies and tomato one by one.
6. Once they are sauteed add the chopped methi leaves by squeezing out the water.
7. Fry well and add powders.
8. Now add the soaked rice and measured water check for salt and cook till done.
9. Serve with any gravy or raita.
SWEET CORN VEGETABLE SOUP
Tasty and comforting soup to start a lunch and dinner. Have this with yummy accompaniment.
Cream style sweet corn - 1 tin
Parboiled mixed veggies - 1/4 cup ( carrots, beans)
Corn flour - 2 tbsp - diluted in water ( this is appro measurement add more if u want to thicken it)
Spring onion chopped finely - 2 tbsp
White pepper powder
1. Dilute the corn with water and corn flour.
2. Add the parboiled veggies.
3. Bring to boil and when it get thickens.
4. Add pepper powder and salt as required.
5. Garnish with spring onion and serve hot hot with any accompaniment.
1. Add vinegar if needed.
2. Add egg white once it is boiling using fork so u will get egg drop soup.