>> Wednesday, March 27, 2013 – avocado brownies, avocado in baking, best brownie ever, best eggless brownies ever, daring challenge, eggless brownies, foolproof eggless brownie, guilt free brownie, low fat brownies
AVOCADO BROWNIES - EGGLESS
Ruth from Makey-Cakey was our March 2013 Daring Bakers’ challenge host. She encouraged us all to get experimental in the kitchen and sneak some hidden veggies into our baking, with surprising and delicious results!
So we need to get creative with hidden veggies by baking them into a sweet treat of our choice. I came up with a Brownie made with Avocado. Avocado with chocolate is a wonderful combination. This is an awesome Brownie which is very fudgy, very chocolatey, with very less butter and has great texture and taste. To top it all, people will not find difference between this Brownie and the normal brownie unless you tell them. You can indulge in this guilt free because it has very less butter in this. Also this brownie becomes a healthy brownie because of the Avocado. You can substitute the Avocado with banana if you don’t have Avocado [The taste will slightly differ if you use banana, the banana flavor will come into play].
AVOCADO BROWNIES - EGGLESS
Avocado - 3/4 cup mashed (1 1/2 avocado mashed well)
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Flour - 1 cup
Butter - 3 tbsp
Bitter sweet chocolate - 1 1/2 cup
Instant Coffee granules - 1/2 tsp
Hot water - 5 tbsp
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Salt - a pinch
1. Preheat oven to 350 f.
2. Sieve all the dry ingredients.
3. In a microwaveable bowl add chocolate chips and butter. Microwave till they are melted by stirring every 1 minute.
4. Add the coffee granules to the melted chocolate and mix.
5. In a bowl add sugar, mashed avocado, vanilla, melted chocolate mixture and hot water one by one. Whisk the mixture till they are well blended.
6. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until well combined. Don't over mix.
7. Pour the mixture in the 8 by 8 inch pan and even the surface.
8. Bake brownies to 25 minutes or a toothpick inserted in the center will come out either clean or with only a few crumbs clinging to it.
9. Leave the brownies in the pan until it is completely (this is a must) cooled. This is very important to get neat squares.
10. Even you can refrigerate for an hour to get pretty squares. (this is very important)
This avocado brownie is truly very chocolaty and fudgy.
They taste very much tastier the next day.
You can also add Walnuts or chocolate chips of your choice.
You can substitute avocado with mashed banana or Apple sauce(Home made or store bought)
You can also frost this brownies with chocolate ganache, your favorite frosting or even serve it with ice cream or simple whipped cream.