>> Thursday, January 28, 2010 – Deep fried snacks, diwali snack, easy murukku, Indian snack for diwali, pulani murukku, puluppu murukku, sour murukku.lemon murukku, spicy chakali, spicy Indian snack
There are two type of puluppu murukku we can make. One is adding lemon juice to the powdered rice flour and urad dhal powder, another is grinding rice by adding sour curd. Both taste so good. So today I am posting the first one, another one later.
Rice Flour - 6 cups
Urad dhal - 1 cup
Green chillies - 20 chillies ( or as per your taste and make paste out of it)
Lemon - 6 (squeezed well)
Butter - 2 tbsp ( softened)
Oil for frying
Mustard for seasoning - 3 tsp
Salt as required
1. If you are using rice you can do this procedure ...Wash the rice , soak for 2 hrs . Drain rice and shade dry for 1/2 hr of until it has very little moisture. Then make fine powder out of it.
2. Roast the urad dhal to light brown and powder it. Sieve both the flour together. (You can store this flour in the box and use when needed). Alternatively you can use rice flour (Idiyappam flour and ready made urad dhal flour)
3. Add all other seasoning and softened butter. Also heat oil in the vessel.
4. Add the Green chilli paste, lemon juice to the flour slowly and make a soft dough. Add water if necessary.
5. Put the dough to the murukku press directly over the hot oil. Turn over other side till slightly color changes. Drain to the tissue paper. And store in the Air tight container.
1. Taste the dough and Increase or decrease the sourness and spicy according to your taste.
2. You can always use store bought urad dhal powder and Idiyappam flour (rice flour) for the same mururkku recipe. Home made and store bought both comes absolutely good.