This is sweet dish which we call as " Suruttai poli " Means rolled poori kind of thing stuffed with roasted gram dhal sweet mixture. Which is absolutely crispy and tasty. This is one of our favourite snack. So easy to make but rolling part has to be done very fast otherwise it breaks. so here is the recipe.....
Ingredients for poli (outer wrap) :
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - 2 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Oil for frying
1. Mix all the above and make like poori dough.
2. Leave it for 15 minutes.
3. Make small balls and roll everything to thin circles using the rolling pin and keep it aside.
4. Now keep oil in the vessel for deep frying.
For Filling :
Roasted gram dhal - 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cashew nuts - small bits 2 tbsp
Ghee for frying cashews
1. Powder the dhal and mix with the powder sugar.
2. Fry the cashew nuts in ghee and add the powdered mixture.
3. Mix well so that everything is blended well. Keep it aside.
Here is how the Packing is done :
Now for this outer wrap you need 1/2 cup powdered sugar for dusting. Spread this in a plate.
1. Now deep fry the rolled dough in oil not too crisp and not too soft.
2. Dust it with sugar , Keep 2 tbsp of powdered mixture in the edge roll and keep in the tray.
3. Repeat the same with other rolled circles one by one.
4. Don't delay in rolling once it is dusted with sugar immediately stuff and roll.
5. Delaying tends to break.
1. Roll all the dough and keep aside this is to avoid puffing while deep frying. Making like this is because the circles will be slightly dried so there wont be moisture will frying.
2. While deep frying put the rolled thins one at a time pour the oil over the top dont turn and take out immediately. It should not be too soft and crisp.
This can be stored for 10 days at least. But sure you will finish with 3 to 4 days. Store in air tight container.
Thanks for everyone who passed these awards and also I am sorry for this delayed post too. I am really honoured and Happy to receive this.
1. Rohini has passed me this award.
2. Thanks Asha for passing me the above awards and also these awards.
3. Sashiga has also passed this award and I am really happy and excited.
Thanks buddies for passing me these awards. Have wonderful weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I would like to share these awards to all my fellow Bloggers.
Besan- 1 1/2 cup or Ladoo flour - 2 cups
Cardamom - 1/2 tsp powdered(optional)
1. Add the besan or Ladoo flour along with semolina if you are using.
3. Now in a pan add the ghee once it is melted add the flour and roast again so that raw small goes. Don't under do it. Your nose can feel the good aroma. Remove from fire add the cardamom if your using.
5. Mean while roast the nuts in the ghee slightly.And reserve some for decor.
6.Now when the besan Mixture is warm add the sugar and nuts. Make to tight balls.
1. Its important the besan mixture should be warm before mixing the sugar otherwise the sugar melts and becomes soggy.
2. ts not compulsory to powder sugar but I do it.
3. Semolina is mainly for the texture which gives crunchiness . If Ladoo flour is available avoid the semolina as the Ladoo flour itself slightly coarse to give the crunchiness.
Ginger crispies is real flavorful and crunchy snack for the evenings. If you are ginger lover I bet you will surely like this. Give it a try, easy to make and tastes perfect for this wonderful winter.
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
Chilli paste - 1 tbsp or according to your spice level I make little spicy
Butter - 1 tbsp
Water - for dough
Oil for deep frying
1. Take a mixing bowl add flour, Ginger and chilli paste. Add salt and add hot melted butter to it.
2. Add required amount of water and make like chapathi dough.
3. Now heat oil in heavy bottom vessel. Once it hot.
4. Just pinch the dough to small pieces and add to the hot oil directly.
5. When it turns to golden color and bubbles reduces remove it and put in Kitchen tissues.
6. Proceed same with remaining dough. Once everything done , let it cool completely and store it in the air tight container.
Happy Munching !!!!!!!!!!!!
Adjust the quantity of ginger and chilli according to your taste , the strong flavor of ginger varies in places.