Raw rice - 3/4 cup
Boiled rice - 3/4 cup
Cooked rice - 1 cup
Red chillies - 5
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Cummin seeds - 2 tsp
Curry leaves few
Chopped coriander of Dumstick leaves - 1 cup
Mustard for seasoning
Salt as required
1. Soak rice for few hours and grind with all other ingredients that is cooked rice, chilli and cummin, asafoetida with salt to fine batter. Grind in thick consistency.
2.Let it ferment overnight.. When your preparing dosa dilute with water.
3. The consistency should be like rawa dosa consistency that is so loose.
4.Then season with mustard and curry leaves, add the chopped coriander or drumstick leaves.
5. Heat the skillet and pour a ladle full of batter starting the edges in circular way.
6. Since the batter is loose it automatically fills the middle part , unfilled part just fill it with ladle.
7. Add 1 tsp oil and when it turns slight brown in the edges flip it over and make crisp on other side too. Serve it with onion pickle, coriander pickle or even coconut chutney.
1. This can be made without fermenting too. But gives different taste.
You can find other Leftover rice dishes for Break fast or Tiffin here
Rice dosa (ver -I)